When it comes to finding the correct integration for joomla 1.5 and phpbb3 most people will first run to jfusion to manage there bridge, though in certain situations this will fall short. In such instances which i was presented with jfusion may not work for you if:
- You have jomsocial installed and running a major part of your website
- You have alphauserpoints installed and want this feature integrated into you forums
- You are running a beta version of phpbb3.
I was running a current website which you should check out if you wanted free SEO advice on my SEO website. This site runs jomsocial, many other components and also phpbb3 integration.
In this instance and for many joomla developers out there you would need to bridge all of these together and this is there the great component by blogumunity comes into play.
This is a commercial component at $50 USD although it is worth every cent and the customer service is excellent. At a first glance you would thing you would just get a connector which works with jomsocial / joomla 1.5 / phpbb3. Though you get much more.
Once you have purchased the component you are presented with a ton of extra plugins, modules and goodies to enhance your website for your users. These include.
- A detailed installing instruction manual
- integration with websnapr
- 2 template modifications from phpbb3
- latest activity module
- forum tags module
- detailed CB integration plugins
- detailed jomsocial plugins
- search plugins
- xmap plugins
- alphauserpoints plugins
- SEO for phpbb3 within the component!! (you can manage your URL's in phpbb3 from your joomla website!)
This provides a plethora of plugins and bridges for many different forms of websites running either jomsocial or comunity builder. This is great for the end user as some people may have cb or jomsocial and need different plugins for different situations.
The overall experience with the component integration was quite easy though with so many features you will have to make minor edits on your htaccess file.
I highly recommend this component for anyone joomla webmaster running jomsocial who wants to integrate there website properly into there phpbb3 forums.
You can look at the features and purchase this component from blogumunity.